>Have you or your patrons come across a message like this: Adobe Reader could not open title of e-book acsm because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged?
If so, this means that Adobe Digital Editions is not set as the default program to open e-books and you will want to set it so that it is.To change it, follow the below instructions:
1. Go to “Start \ Control Panel”.
2. Open “Default Programs”.
3. Click “Associate a file type or protocol with a program”.
4. Scroll down to the ‘ACSM’ file type.
5. Make sure that the extension is set to open with Adobe Digital Editions. If it is not, click the ‘Change Program’ button and select Adobe Digital Editions.
6. If ADE is not an option, then click ‘Browse’ and browse to the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions folder and chose the ‘Digital Editions’ application.
7. Click ‘Open’ and ‘OK’ as needed to save the changes and exit the open windows.