As we move forward with the consortium version of our Koha catalog, we have a series of trainings coming up to help staff at member libraries with the transition:
- September 23 from 9:30am to 12:30pm at the Vermont Technical College, Randolph: MARCEdit. Learn how to use MARCEdit and manipulate your MARC records, as well as the beginning steps to import. Please register with Stephanie Chase (schase[at]stowelibrary.org). All libraries migrating their own data are strongly recommended to attend.
- September 28 and 29 from 8am to 4pm at the Meeting House in Colchester — Koha training with Nicole from ByWater Solutions. You must preregister for this training, which also requires you to bring a contribution to the pot-luck lunch as well as your own laptop if you wish to have computer access. Contact Rubi Simon at the Burnham Memorial Library to register (rsimon[at]colchestervt.gov). UPDATE: Nicole is dividing the training up in the following way: Day 1, OPAC, Circ, Patrons, Reports, Related Tools, Notices; Day 2, Cataloging, Serials, Acquisitions, Admin, Related Tools.
- October 7 from 9:30am to 12:30pm at the Vermont Technical College in Randolph: Importing Data and Editing Patrons using CSVEdit. Complete the import process by learning about how to manipulate your patron records. Also, we will cover the consortium standards created by the vokal Consortium and Cataloging Committees. Please register with Stephanie Chase (schase[at]stowelibrary.org). All libraries migrating their own data are strongly recommended to attend.
- Sometime before mid-November: MySQL with CCV. We had an excellent response to our last half-day session on MySQL, and will be offering the same workshop for a second time, pending approval from CCV. This training will have a per-attendee cost, as it did previously.
- November 30 to December 2. Three days of Koha training with Nicole from ByWater. The first day will cover the basics: the OPAC, circulation, and patrons; Day 2, cataloging, serials, and the acquisitions module; Day 3, reports, administrative functions, and other tools. If you are unable to send the same staff person all three days, we recommend libraries schedule at least one staff person per day, depending on their duties, for each of the three days. The location will be announced, but will likely be as centrally located as possible.
All of the trainings, with the exception of the CCV training, are free to vokal member libraries. Non-member libraries, please contact Stephanie Chase at schase[at]stowelibrary.org if you wish to attend, space permitting.